CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

... (I'm bad at titles too?)

I think I'm bad at this blogging thing >.<

I don't have a clue how long I've had this account thingy but I only have ten posts. Hmmmm... that isn't very many. Well, anyway, I guess this makes eleven. I'm just posting to give the world a taste of my not-very-impressive poetry. I write a lot, but mostly on scratch papers which I end up losing, so this is the only one I currently still have... and in accordance with the title of this post it is title-less:

You say you love me and your face doesn’t belie the words as I would expect
I wonder and admire how you can misrepresent yourself that way in placidity
You say you’re telling me the truth and my words reject my thoughts as they catch on my aching throat
I wonder why your contradictions sound melodic
You say you’ll chase my fears away and you look like you can’t remember which expression you’ve been calmly straining to preserve
I wonder what the point would be when I’m only afraid of the cast of your eyes as I feel for the doorknob in the dark
You tell me to trust you and that you want what’s best for me
I wonder why I crave the malice on your tongue
You tell me you can heal my pain and the blood in my veins viciously pleads for your warm hand around my wrist
I wonder why your threateningly slow breath feels curative
You tell me that I’ll die without you and I can’t help but think you’ve already killed me
As you walk away I wonder if having died once of homicide justifies staring down the barrel of a gun every time I blink my eyes

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked that =]

I used to write a lot. . .like every day, but I have recently fallen out of the habit.

Anyway, nice work, keep writing =D

Anonymous said...

. . .oh and for the record, you're not bad at blogging at all! I think the best kind of blogger is one who blogs because they like it, not 'cause the feel obligated to write a post every day. =]

rockin_robin said...

Really? Thankers. I don't think it's all that great but, you know... when you've got nothing better to do, write mediocre poetry.

And thanks again. I definantly don't write everyday, so maybe I'm an amazing blogger ^.^