CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Favorite songs of the week:

Not sure why I'm posting this. It'll mostly consist of (surprise!) My Chem and Fall Out Boy, so there's not much mystery in it, but whatever... here's my top ten for this week... I probably shouldn't say that, actually... it'll most likely change tomorrow X.x I have constantly-revolving favorite songs lists. Anyway, here's today's top ten, in no particular order.

1) I Never Told You What I Do For a Living - My Chemical Romance

This is totally random, but I'm absolutely in love with the way Gerard says "I'm so dirty, babe". It completely sold the song for me. And the "They gave us two shots to the back of the head" part. That line is rocking awesome too.




2) I Slept With Someone in Fall Out Boy and All I Got Was This Stupid Song Written About Me - Fall Out Boy

"So progress report: I aint missing you to death" = a billion hearts from me. Pete screaming = twenty-hundred billion, but you know... That's to be expected. I absolutely love this song. Perfection.



3) Lying Is the Most Fun a Girl Can Have Without Taking Off Her Clothes - Panic at the Disco

This song totally owns my bright orange sweatpants. Period. That's how amazing it is. And the music video is probably the tightest thing you've ever seen since Pete's hair in "Beat It".



4) Cemetery Drive - My Chemical Romance

I don't even know what to say about this song. "And they found you on the bathroom floor" is probably one of the lines that affects me the most. Oh, and "It isn't that much fun staring down a loaded gun" is an absolutely amazing line. This song makes my stomach sink. In a good way. I just love it.



5)The Music or the Misery - Fall Out Boy

"We're high fashion, we're last chances"..."I'm every cliche, but I simply to it best"..."I'm casually obsessed"..."I got your love letters, corrected the grammar, and sent them back"..."It's true romance is dead, I shot in the chest then in the head"... 'nough said? The closing verse is better than sliced bread, too. "I went to bed a poet, and woke up a fraud".



6) The Patron Saint of Liars and Fakes - Fall Out Boy

Okay, simply the fact that Patrick can sing like that at only nineteen or twenty is impressive itself. Other than that, this song makes my heart rate accelerate to a dangerous speed, for numerous reasons. Especially "But I still know the way to make your makeup run..." This song is uber sexy.



7) Shimmy Shimmy Quarter Turn - Hellogoodbye

I LOVE this song. I've pretty much said that about every song on this list. Obviously... it's my top ten. Anyway, just listen and enjoy. Fave line = "How can I check lost and found when I'm too busy getting down". It's a very danceable song...
P.S. sorry about the annoying lyrics on the video. Couldn't find one that wasn't weird/and or bad quality, so just ignore the words.




8) Send My Love to the Dance Floor I'll See You in Hell - Cobra Starship

This song is also very danceable. I have a really hard time sitting still during this song. It's terribly catchy and very Cobralicious. Ha ha. Not quite amazing enough to be FOBulous but Cobralicious is cool too... I love making up geeky word-phrases...P.S. same as above with the lyrics.



9) The Diary of Jane - Breaking Benjamin

This song is so trippy. Which is good. Trippy's good. Their lead singer totally has something going for him when he sings "Do you like that?!?" S-E-X-Y. Sorry ^.^. I've never even seen the guy (nor do I know a thing about the band) but I love that line. If I were not-lazy enough to put this list in order of likedness, this one would definatly be higher up there. I'm pretty dern infatuated with it. And just for my awesomely challenged sister, I'll use a big word: It's pulchritudinous.



10) Calm Before the Storm - Fall Out Boy

Love it love it love it love it love it. I always have one favorite FOB song for a short period of time until I find another one to replay over and over again (excluding Dance, Dance. That song will forever hold a special place in my heart for making me sick in the head with love for the best band ever to sing songs that could only catch the ear of the desperate in a Chicago basement... sorry again...). So this is probably my fave Fall Out Boy song right now. It took a while for me to really appreciate it, so I suggest listening to it a few times, but I know probably no one will, so... just keep in mind that I warned you... <3 "What you do in your own time's just fine, my imagination's much worse. I just never wanna know what meant the world imploded, inflated then demoted." Pete takes being a drop-dead shockingly talented and beautiful lyricist to a whole new level in this song. <3

11 comments:

Jenna said...

Oh my gosh ... it isn't all Fall Out Boy! *gasp!* What has the world come to?!? ;) Just kidding.
Awesome songs, sis! :D

rockin_robin said...

leave you poor sister alone. she's perfectly capable of making herself listen to a variety of music.

accually that's a lie. there is almost unfailingly a point every night when i'm listening to my iPod and i can't stand it anymore and i set it to play all Fall Out Boy. don't ask why, i don't understand either. a person should at least have enough control over themselves to be able to decide when to leave it on shuffle, but... i'm weak and i like how patrick's voice sounds in my ear at three in the morning turned up disgustingly loud.

but i still know the way to make your makeup run"... listening that line has to be more unhealthy for my heart than anything else i've ever done or not done or whatever. jesus i'm tired... going now before i ramble more

rockin_robin said...

by the way take this to your grave makes me want to cry. they've changed so much. some of it's a happy change and some of it's sad change. either way i can't stop listening to that album. mmmm. kay i'm really going now.

Anonymous said...

Awesome picks! Love 'em all! So I'll only comment on a few 'cause I've been leaving long comments (sorry!).

I Never Told You What I Do For A Living-Have you heard the demo??? You'll drop dead! The song is pretty much the same, 'cept the lyrics. It is worth a listen! I may like it better than the Album cut. the demo is on "Life On The Murder Scene"

The Diary Of Jane-AWESOME! Heehee I think I've said enough^^

Ok. . .so I could go on and on about the FOB songs. Gosh I haven't heard those in the longest time! I've been meaning to buy "Take This To Your Grave" for ever, but I haven't. . .lol no more excuses!!!

Anyway, wicked list =]

rockin_robin said...

Thankies! Obviously I like them too ^.^ I REALLY want to buy Take This To Your Grave too... that's probably my favorite album by anybody at all ever. And I'd love to have a physical copy of it.

Anonymous said...

You don't buy CD's?
Haha I'm technically impared lol. That, and I want to preserve the CD. I never download anything off i-tunes unless it's a b-side or something. . .I love buying CD's

rockin_robin said...

Yeah, I pretty much buy everything off of iTunes. It's easier and faster. But I would like actual CDs of FOB albums, that'd be cool.

Nina Cehad said...

i love you already, you're awesome! lets see...#1..never heard.. #2's kwl..#3...love..#4...never heard...#5 is one of my fob faves. #6 i love and of course its sexy, patrick friggin' stump is singing it. why the hell wouldn't it be?! and im too lazy to list the rest of the songs sorry..haha. and my aim is elibelli667...do u have aim?

rockin_robin said...

LOL... loves to you to fellow FOB fan ^.^ But you listen to MCR, don't you? And you've never heard those songs?!?!? Did you listen to them yet? They're abso-fricking-lutely amazingtastical. The Black Parade was great, but their old stuff is priceless. Three Cheers is my favorite My Chem album, but a few of the songs from I Brought You My Bullets are pretty awesome too. If you haven't, listen to the MCR songs on my list and also try Our Lady of Sorrows, The Sharpest Lives, and The Jetset Life is Gonna Kill You. Those are some really good ones.

No AIM for me, I'm with Yahoo, but you can still talk with me on email:

rockin_robin8794@yahoo.com

Skippy said...

I thought I was the only person who thought the frontman from Breaking Benjamin was sexy-singer. I was so close to seeing them once *sighs*. Sorry 4 being so random and commenting.

rockin_robin said...

No, comments are good I like comments XD

Anyway, the guy from Breaking Benjamin is totally amazing...
<3 <3 <3