CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Just One, I Promise

I swear I am incapable of posting anything on this thing that doesn't have at least a slight amount of Fall out Boy in it. This post, though, happens to be completely full of Fall Out Boy. Sorry. I can't help it.

I've decided to give you guys a listen of one of my very favorite FOB songs (it pains me to pick one over another... they're all incredible). It's called My Heart Is the Worst Kind of Weapon, and it's an acoustic-based song from their B-side album, My Heart Will Always Be the B-Side to My Tongue. Pete's lyrics continue to take my breath away every song, every time, and I practically melt every time I hear Patrick's high note at approximately forty-six seconds in the video below. When I first heard this song, I would skip back and play those few seconds until I was satisfied, then procede to hearing the rest of the song ^.^ . Please listen to this song. I can't tell you how much it amazes me, time after time.



Spent most of last night dragging this lake
For the corpses of all my past mistakes
Sell me out - the joke's on you
We are salt - you are the wound
Empty another bottle
And let me tear you to pieces
This is me wishing you
Into the worst situations
I'm the kind of kid
That can't let anything go
But you wouldn't know a good thing
If it came up and slit your throat

Woah woah
Ooo
Woah woah

Your remorse hasn't fallen on deaf ears
Rather ones that just don't care
Cause I know
That you're in between arms somewhere
Next to heartbeats
Where you shouldn't dare sleep
Now I'll teach you a lesson
For keeping secrets from me

Take your taste back
Peel back your skin
And try to forget how it feels inside
You should try saying no once in a while
Oh once in a while
[x2]

And did you hear the news?
I could dissect you
And gut you on this stage
Not as eloquent as I may have imagined
But it will get the job done (you're done)
Every line is plotted and designed
To leave you standing
On your bedroom window's ledge
And everyone else that it hits
That it gets to
Is nothing more than collateral damage

Take your taste back
Peel back your skin
And try to forget how it feels inside
You should try saying no once in a while
Oh once in a while
[x2]

Others to check out by Fall Out Boy (I'll try and keep the list moderately short):

- It's Hard to Say I Do When I Don't
- Tell That Mick He Just Made My List of Things to Do Today
- Thriller
- Snitchers and Talkers Get Stitches and Walkers
- Hum Hallelujah
- Chicago Is So Two years Ago
- Sophomore Slump or Comeback of the Year

8 comments:

Jenna said...

That is one of my favorite favorite favorite Fall Out Boy songs. Lyrically, it's genious. I really wish they'd record it in a studio, because this one has potential to be one heck-of-a single if they cleaned it up a bit. But the acoustics really work for it, too. I dunno.
I wish songs like THIS would go mainstream for these guys, instead of songs like Dance, Dance and Sugar .... Not to say those songs arn't good, but THIS song ... it's freakin' genious.
So, yeah.
Lovely lovely song.

rockin_robin said...

They do have a version with a drumbeat and everything, but it works better with just the acoustic. It feels more dramatic when its just Patrick and the guitar. Somehow it's more personal, and the emotions speak better. I dunno. I like the acoustic better, but if you wanna hear the other one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viwRSpupkok

Jenna said...

That version is amazing. Love it love it LOVE it. Don't know which I like better ... the acoustic or the other one! <3

Anonymous said...

Oh I love that song!

I am very well aquainted with FOB because one of my best friends went through a HUGE FOB obsession. I think I've heard every new thing they've done up to '07. They are really talented. And Pete has got it made! He's really going have a nice retirement if he keeps up everything he's been doing. =]

Anonymous said...

Oh by the way, I hope you don't think it's weird but I've "tagged" you and your sister. Lol go to my post here to find out what I mean =]

rockin_robin said...

I think if she hadn't started hating FOB I would very much get along with your friend. "Huge" in all caps can hardly contain within itself the despondant enormity of my obsession. I once saw an avatar that had "Fall Out Boy" written all over the backround and "What obsession?" written on top. I was like... yeah. That looks about like my brain, except without the denial part. I know how infatuated I am and have learned to deal with it.

Anyway (sorry. I've noticed I use the word "anyway" alot. Probably because I ramble and get off topic alot), you're totally right about Pete. He's got a very successful band, a record label, a clothing line... Yeah.

Anonymous said...

I use the word "anyway" a lot too. Haha and I ramble. . .on, and on, and on!

I wish I knew why she stopped liking them. . .I have a feeling it wasn't "cool" anymore. =p I hate it when people think they NEED to be cool.

rockin_robin said...

Fall Out Boy will always be cool ;)

And it bothers me a lot too. If you really honestly like a certain kind of music, listen to it anyway.