CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Happy

Whether or not this concerns anyone else in the world or enriches their life in any way at all, I feel the need to say that I am, in fact, a very happy person right now. Shopping seems to do this to me a lot. So, yesterday I spent atleast 5 hours spending money like crazy. And... ha ha, sorry mom... it wasn't even my money. Mostly. I paid fifty dollars on my own at Hot Topic, but that's pretty much it. First stop was horse-related shopping. I ride hunt seat, and before yesterday I didn't have anything close to a decent outfit, so that's mainly what I was looking for. I found a really super hunt coat, and a pretty nice pair of breeches. Couldn't find tall boots that were tall enough for my legs but still went around my calves, so we're ordering some. My sister and I also found a random assortment of trivial items that we swore were absolutely necessary. Ha ha. No, really, we tried to stay within a reasonable price range, so mostly we only bought thing we accually did need. Until we hit the mall. I like to think I would have died if I didn't find an outfit to wear to the My Chem show, but in reality I think I would probably still be alive if I didn't spend one hundred dollars in a heartbeat at HT. Since there really isn't a meaningful intention to this post, I might as well tell you what I got, too. Almost all of it was to wear to the concert. So, for one, I bought these really cute red and black plaid capris with pyramid studs along the belt line. I also bought a pretty freaking awesome tank top, which is sort of light green with polka dots and Invader Zim all over it, and a sleeveless sweatshirt. The sweatshirt's really long, and it's black with a heart on the left side of the chest surrounded in studs, and lace all around the bottom. Then I also got these super awesome arm warmers that are kind of lace with polka-dot-ish holes all in them that go up above my elbow. It's all pretty tight. I didn't have the money for new shoes, so I'll probably just wear my black converse. Oh, I also bought an FOB t-shirt because I don't have very much will power. Anyway, after Hot Topic we checked out F.Y.E. for a certain DVD which had eluded my grasp for far too long. And, glory hallelujah, they had it. My head was so clouded with joy that I don't remember much of the drive home, but I'd bet anything I didn't let that little For Your Entertainment bag leave my sight for more than two seconds, because I'm sort of a geek like that. We only had a few hours at home before we headed off to cow sorting with our horses, but nearly every minute of my time there was spent watching Fall Out Boy, live in Pheonix and behind the scenes of the Honda Civic Tour. And it was AMAZING. If you all haven't seen this DVD, you have to. Right now. The live stuff was incredible, and the behind the scenes were hilarious. My favorite was the gateway to the Fall Out Boy dressing room. Ha ha... to any of you who havn't seen it, a couple guys from +44 (whose dressing room is beside FOB's) punched a hole in the wall between the two rooms. At first it was pretty small, then they tried to shove Dirty's head through, and eventually it got big enough that Pete accually jumped through it. They tried to cover it up with paintings >.< . Good stuff, man. Okay, so, as you can tell, I am a very happy person right now. I have new clothes and Fall Out Boy merch. If it weren't raining, today would be pretty perfect.

P.S. THREE DAYS until MCR hits Portland. EEK!

12 comments:

Jenna said...

I still need to watch what's-their-faces' throw Pete's Clandestine bass in the lake ;)

Anonymous said...

o_0 they threw Pete's bass into a LAKE!!!

wow. . .haha anyway sounds like a good day. I love <3 hot topic! I got a really cute invader zim short sleeved t-shirt with a hood there.

I'll have to check out the DVD. Haha if you want to see more funny behind the scenes band stuff you should get Evanescence's "Anywhere But Home" DVD!!! They play baseball with McDonalds burgers in their hotel room o_0 the place was trashed!

rockin_robin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rockin_robin said...

Yeah. It was pretty wicked. I was sitting there watching it and as soon as he took it I was like "Oh my gosh!" and I pretty much had a heart attack when they chucked it into the water. I LOVE that bass.

LOL, sounds good. They did some pretty crazy stuff on the HCT tour, too, along with the hole in the wall. They all went down a huge slip 'n' slide using only water bottles, and Pete drove a golf cart down some stairs. At one point it got stuck and there back tires were just spinning out. I was laughing so hard.

Anonymous said...

Haha wow. Crazy. . .

Now I'm gonna HAVE to get that DVD, and I'm not even a major FOB fan!

rockin_robin said...

Yeah. You should, it's a really good DVD. Of course, I'm biased, but still... ^.^

Savy said...

I love Hot Topic! Trust me, you're not the only one who can spend money like that in a second!

p.s. In a LAKE?!

rockin_robin said...

Ha ha... that one little word's getting a lot of attention. I'm not sure it was a LAKE, exactly... just a large body of water next to the stage. It was dark, so I'm not sure exactly how big it was. Still sad though... poor Pete.

Anonymous said...

wow. . .I'd be really mad if I were him.

Heehee I got to be a fan of FOB through my best friend of a few years ago. She had an obsession! Then for no reason she started hating them??? I'm beyond why she'd do that. But I have noticed that band like FOB, MCR, Panic, and others have a "You either love 'em, or you hate 'em" thing going about. I'm not quite sure if I understand it.
She may have stopped liking them just 'cause it "wasn't cool" lol idk

Anyway, sorry I tend to ramble =]
Ok I'll add the DVD to my list^^

rockin_robin said...

Oh my gosh, no, I totally agree with you! And, besides that, people tend to (if they like either MCR or FOB) pick one which they absolutely LOVE, and they hate the other. So I'm kind of odd because I'm in love with both of them. And I'm in shock about your friend >.< Unless I was trying to commit suicide, I can't even fathom hating Fall Out Boy. What the hell if they're uncool. So am I, so it works.

Anonymous said...

Haha I love both of 'em, My Chem and FOB!

Yeah I don't quite understand the whole "listen to the music that's in style" thing. . .why don't you listen to what YOU like! Haha

rockin_robin said...

Yuppers yuppers.

Geez it's been like a month since I posted anything... this either means I have a life or nothing exciting ever happens in it... one of the two...