CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Panic! At the Disco in Portland... yes this post is very late

Sorry for just getting this up... I'm very busy with school(speaking of I should be doing math homework) and graduation and an upcoming horse show, so...

Panic! concert was C-R-A-Z-Y, crazy! I accually had a few bruises on my legs on Monday from the bajillions of bodies shoving me against things. It was hella fun, though! Five hours on concrete in Converse sure hurts your feet afterwards but I wasn't really paying attention to that after Ryan Ross came out to play a song with the first opening band, Phantom Plantet. I freaked even worse when Brendon came out during The Hush Sound. I don't know the names of any of the songs that the warm-ups played, but Panic played (all that I remember, at least... not particularly in the correct order):

1- We're So Starving
2- Nine In The Afternoon
3- But It's Better If You Do
4- {didn't recognize this one}
5- That Green Gentlemen
6- The Only Difference Between Martyrdom and Suicide is Press Coverage
7- I Write Sins Not Tragedies
8- Lying Is the Most Fun a Girl Can Have Without Taking Off Her Clothes
9- Time to Dance(acoustic)
10- Mad as Rabbits
101 Northern Downpour

I was scary close to the barrier at one point... and I swear to god it was like three hundred degrees in that little warehouse thing...

So as I said, I had a blast! I really hope Panic! does another show near us sometime, because they were insanely good.

Sorry for short, not-very-detailed post, but I'll probably die tomorrow if I procrastinate on my geometry homework one more night...

6 comments:

Jenna said...

I think #4 was "She's A Handsome Woman" :)
And you forgot to mention "Folkin' Around" and "Behind The Sea"; not sure when those were though o.0
Get your homework done? ;)

rockin_robin said...

oops yeah... those too

and kind of

Anonymous said...

Haha sounds like an awesome concert!

This probably sounds strange. . .but I LOVE "Folkin' Around" o.0 It's one of my favorites off "Pretty Odd". Haha though I always lean toward more country influenced rock music. Queen's '39 etc.

Lol sorry, that was sort of random.

rockin_robin said...

huh. i was forcefed country music when i was little, and it isn't really a sound that appeals to me, so i tend to stay away from that type of music i guess. not that its bad, it just doesnt do anything for me, you know?

Anonymous said...

I understand. I didn't listen to it much when I was younger. It actually took me until this year to appreaciate it. I absolutely hated it at 13 and 14. I'm 16 now and love it to death haha. xD My tastes are growing.

rockin_robin said...

oh yeah? i dunno, i might surprise myself later, but for right now i'm pretty in love with alternative/indie/punk rock and that kind of thing... it just captivates me a lot more than any other music ive ever listened to.